Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

BB Bento


As I was preparing this I thought of a name for it; BB bento - a bit boring bento, haha. It's just rice with thinly sliced cucumber on top, cherry tomatoes, an omelet cut into quarters and broccoli. If you look closely you'll see some satay sauce on the omelet, which I know is probably not a good idea if you have to transport your bento. But since I eat all of mine at home I thought I'd get away with it. I dont have any of those neat little sauce containers. Maybe I should go shopping for some new bento accessories!

Which reminds me, I have a useful tip for storage of bento stuff. I bought a couple of plastic baskets that fit neatly on the shelf in the cupboard. One for bento boxes, lids etc, and another for all those itty bitty items; picks, molds, vege cutters and so on. Now all I have to do is pull out the required basket, find what I want, and put it all neatly back in the cupboard. Saves stuff getting lost or pushed to the darkest corner of your pantry never to see light of day again.

2 comments:

  1. Elegantly simple and fresh bento! I like your bento tools organization tip--I did something similar this summer and felt so much happier to have everything at hand and nicely gathered together! Have a lovely weekend :D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Bentobird. Off to check out your updates! :)

    ReplyDelete